Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roasted Rosemary Brussels Sprouts

I have always been a little leery about trying Brussels sprouts mainly because my dad absolutely HATES them! He grew up having to eat them quite often and I am pretty sure it has scarred him for life. Poor guy! He will never know how delicious they actually are! I am so happy I tried them because I love them! Seriously amazing people! And super easy...those are my two favorite things. Anyways, I bought the kind you are supposed to steam in the bag only because they were cheaper for about the same amount I was going to buy in a mesh produce bag. So sorry mother Earth for the extra plastic I put in the garbage but I really needed that extra dollar.

Well I didn't steam them because I knew they would be bland and I was afraid I wouldn't like them that way. I cut them in half, because who can fit a whole brussels sprout in their mouth and not gag??, and tossed them in a little bit of olive oil. I sprinkled some salt and pepper over the top and then added some rosemary. I threw the baking dish in the oven at 350˚ for about 20-30 minutes. I don't exactly remember how long because I was dealing with a SUPER grouchy baby. Once the edges start to just barely turn brown, they are done. 


I ate mine with a chicken breast and some salad! I probably could have eaten half of this dish but I stopped myself to save some for the hubby! They are THAT good. 

If you are skeptical about Brussels sprouts, try this before you completely count them out! 

No comments: