Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oh So Delicious Broccoli!

The hubs and I really do like our veggies but sometimes I find it hard to make them different. Broccoli is one of those veggies that we enjoy eating but not all the time because I would only make it the same way. Boring!! I was browsing Pinterest...my favorite website...and found this recipe for broccoli. It sounded easy and delicious! 

1 full head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Fresh lemon

Set the oven at 400˚
So just chop up the broccoli and put it in a baking dish. Pour a little olive oil over the broccoli...just enough to give a slight coat. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Put the baking dish in the oven for about 20 minutes or just until the edges start to get a little brown. Remove the broccoli and squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the top. Serve! The original recipe called for parmesan cheese also but we didn't have any and quite frankly, I don't think it needed any. Less calories and still amazing! Win, win! 


After the hubs attacked the dish of broccoli, this was all that was left and all I could capture! I guess he doesn't understand the whole take-a-picture-of-your-food-before-you-eat-it thing! Oh well! 

This is definitely a veggie dish that I will be making all the time. In fact, the hubs requested it! Awesome! It's the little things in life right!?!

No comments: