Sunday, October 21, 2012

Just kidding...

We are not back to normal yet, but I am seriously hoping it happens soon. Apparently Brayden's break-out fever was related to Roseola. Don't know what that is?? Good, because neither did I! It is a viral illness that effects kids between 6 months and 2 years. Some symptoms include: loss of appetite (check!), high fever of up to 103˚ (check!), and irritability (check!). The fever ends abruptly and a pink or red rash breaks out on the trunk  and spreads over the body. As if the fever, loss of appetite, and irritability weren't bad enough!!! Good thing is that once the fever breaks and the rash appears, there isn't much to do about it. The rash doesn't really bother Brayden and I think he is just recuperating from the actual fever and illness part of the virus. I THINK the rash is starting to go away (it lasts from just a few hours to a few days) unless it is just my crazy mind wanting the rash to go away...like right this very instant! 
I feel so bad for Brayden because he has had such a rough week. I also feel a little guilty because today I was definitely losing my patience. Most of the time, I am very patient with Brayden and I speak calmly with him because I know that getting upset doesn't do anything to help the situation. However, I have been with a grouchy, whiny, inconsolable toddler for 4 days now. I am getting close to my limit. Thankfully, since it was Sunday, we went over to my parents' house to watch football. My parents are always so helpful and they gave me a much needed break...and some wine! I definitely feel much better and I am hoping to go crash and get some good sleep tonight. I have high hopes that Brayden will feel much better tomorrow and then maybe, just maybe, we will be on the road back to normalcy around here.
On a side note, I apologize for the lack of pictures, but honestly, no one wants to see a crying baby. You will just have to wait until he feels better and then I promise to go camera crazy! 

No comments: