Friday, May 10, 2013

Recipe: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake

This was by far my favorite new recipe of the night! Amazingly easy and absolutely to-die-for! Even the hubby said it satisfied his Peach Cobbler craving...and that's saying a lot! Hubby has really high standards for stuff like this. He is from the south and of course everything there is delicious and filled with butter! This recipe was so good, he even had two servings (and so did I!!)



Here is what you need:
-2 (16 oz) cans of peaches in heavy syrup
-1 (18.25 oz) box of yellow cake mix
-1 stick (1/2 C) of salted butter
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
That's all!!

Directions:
1. Pour canned peaches with syrup on the bottom of an 9x13 baking dish. (No need to spray with oil) *Side note: I didn't use all the syrup. I dumped out about 3/4 of the syrup from one can and used all from the other can.

2. Pour dry cake mix on top of the peaches. Press down on the cake mix. *Don't skip this step. I didn't do a very good job and there were a few spots where the cake mix was dry after baking. Not a huge deal but you wouldn't want that to happen all over your dessert.

3. Sprinkle with cinnamon. I didn't measure the cinnamon because I am lazy so I just sprinkled some over the top of the dish until I thought it looked like enough. You can always add more after baking. Cut butter stick into 12 pieces and place evenly across the cake mix.

4. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes (uncovered)

We topped the dessert with some vanilla bean ice cream and it was amazing!!

Original recipe from Six Sister's Stuff.

No comments: