Friday, May 10, 2013

Recipe: Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits

So if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you will have already seen that I made a pretty delicious meal last night. As I have mentioned before, hubby is only home on the weekends right now so I wanted to make him something special. I started off with these Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. (*Note: This is NOT my recipe, I found it on Pinterest and then used the original recipe from the coordinating website. I will have the link to the website at the bottom of my page.)


Okay onto the Cheddar Biscuits. Hubby mentioned last week that we should go to Red Lobster so we could eat some of the biscuits. We didn't end up going and so when I found a copycat recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. I have never made biscuits from scratch before and it was super easy so I am sure ANYONE can make these!

Here is what you need:
Biscuit
-1.5 C all-purpose flour
-1.5 C cake flour
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-2 tsp garlic powder
-12 tbsp (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1.2 inch pieces
-2 C cheddar cheese
-1.5 C buttermilk
Garlic Butter Topping
-4 tbsp (1/2 stick) salted butter
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp dried parsley

Directions:
1. Place oven rack in the upper-middle position and preheat to 425. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic powder until combined. (I just used a fork to combine it all.) Add the cubed butter and use fingers to rub it into the flour mixture. It will be chunky but try to break up the butter pieces evenly. Add in the shredded cheese and use fork to combine. Add in the buttermilk and use fork to combine.

3. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out the dough and place it on the baking sheet. Bake biscuits for 10 minutes. (While they are baking, make the butter topping mixture; directions below.) Remove from oven and brush with butter topping and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

Butter Topping Directions:
-In a small sauce pan, combine butter and minced garlic on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. (1-2 minutes) Add the garlic powder and dried parsley  and stir to combine.

 DONE!  Easy and quick and they are seriously delicious!
This is the link to the original recipe by Portugese Girl Cooks: Scratch Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

No comments: