Friday, May 10, 2013

Recipe: Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake

This is super easy and it is a family pleaser...even with the spinach, my toddler ate it!
(*Note: Again, this is NOT my recipe. I found this on Pinterest and used the original recipe from the coordinating website. I will have the link to the original recipe at the bottom of this page.)

Here is what you need:
-8 oz. uncooked Rigatoni
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 C chopped onion
-1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed
-3 C cubed chicken breasts, cooked (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store I already had. Bonus, I didn't have to cook chicken and it was very tender. This is recommended by me!)
-1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomato, undrained
-1 (8 oz) container Philadalphia chive and onion cream cheese
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1.5 C mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Begin to prepare the Rigatoni according to box. Spread oil on bottom of 11x7 baking dish and add the onioin. Bake the onion at 375 for 15 minutes. Transfer onion to large mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Drain and dry the spinach with paper towels. Stir Rigatoni noodles, spinach, chicken, can of tomatoes, cream cheese, salt and pepper into onion bowl. Mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into the baking dish used for the onions and sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake covered with foil at 375 for 30 minutes and uncovered for additional 15 minutes. *Side note: I wish I would have just left it covered the whole time. The noodles that were on the top layer got a little hard. *

That's it though, very easy! And while it was baking, I cleaned up the dishes used so at the end of the meal, all we had to clean was the baking dish! Even better.

The original recipe was from Saving Money Living Life.

No comments: