Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bumpdate: 17 weeks!

I hit the 17 week mark on Monday meaning the little baby nugget inside me is now the size of a turnip! (To compare the bump with Brayden's bump, just click on the "Belly" tab at the top of the page!)


Hubby and I had to go to orientation for his new job (YAY!!) and I was told to wear something "business casual." Well that turned out to be pretty difficult! I am not working in an office or classroom environment so I have never had to purchase work maternity pants. Thankfully I could still wear my black dress pants from college...just unbuttoned! I am now very thankful that I don't have to get dressed up for work every day. I much prefer my jeans and t-shirts!
Here is the list for the week!

-Due Date: Septemeber 11

-Weight Gain: still the +2 from pre-pregnancy. We don't have a scale I can use at home (it says pregnant women should not use it) so I just wait until I see the doctor. I really like not fussing about it and not even being able to check. I feel good and that is what matters!

-Overall Feeling: Again I have been feeling pretty good. My left hip has really been starting to hurt while sleeping though. I have tried putting a pillow between my knees but so far, nothing is helping. Also, my headaches have gone away!! For now at least. I am so happy. I have definitely been trying to drink more water and I really think that was the solution.

-Gender: The wait is KILLING me! We still have another week and a half before I go back to the doctor to hopefully find out the gender. I am so impatient and every time I think about it, I get all excited. I don't have a strong feeling either way so I think I will be surprised no matter what the doctor says. My husband on the other hand, says "I only produce kings" and refuses to believe that he is capable of creating a little girl so I think he would have the shock of a lifetime if we are in fact having a girl. 

-Movement: I have still been feeling movement, especially when I drink something cold. I can't wait to see a little elbow poke out!

-Clothing: My maternity shirts are starting to fit which is a good thing. I like my maternity shirts and my choices have expanded so that's always a plus! I am still wearing my regular pants with the help of the BeBand and a hair tie. We will see how long those last!

-Cravings: I finally got my chicken walnut sandwich fix from Paradise Bakery. My whole family went to the Angels/ Dodgers game last Saturday for my Grandpa's 84th birthday and my Aunt, who owns the bakery, brought all of us our food. I was so beyond happy! I haven't really had any new cravings this week but I can say I am pretty excited about the breakfasts danishes my mom gave to me. They are delish!

On a side note, my husband will be working on the day I visit the doctor for  the gender reveal so I am trying to think of a way to "show" him when he gets home from work. I don't want to just tell him over the phone. So boring! Currently I am thinking balloons all over the house in the color we are having. We will see what other ideas I can come up with before then! Any other ideas are obviously appreciated!

No comments: