Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rainbows and Cupcakes

Today proves that not every day around here is full of rainbows and cupcakes. I have been trying to put Brayden down for a nap for an hour now. I am sitting in the living room while he cries in his crib. This NEVER happens.

 I don't know what the deal is. He is fed, has a clean diaper, his favorite blanket is in his crib, he has 3 pacifiers and nothing is working. I took him in at noon like I always do, read him a book and put him in his crib. Sometimes he will let out a little cry or two but that is usually it. Not today. 

He continued to cry so I went in there and picked him up. I thought maybe he just needed some more time to relax before going to sleep. I held him in my arms for a few minutes and he fell asleep. Perfect. I got up from the rocker and went to put him in his crib where he immediately started to cry. Mind you, we did the whole "cry-it-out-method" a long time ago and he has been falling asleep in his crib ever since then. I let him cry for 10 minutes before going back in his room. I picked him up once again and he promptly fell asleep on me. I held him for about 10 minutes to make sure he was really out before attempting to put him in his crib. As soon as I went to put him down, he started crying again. 

I am out of patience. I hate days like this. His nap is my only break during the day. My only "me" time and today it doesn't look like I am going to get it. 

So I am writing this to show you that some days are not so great around here. We aren't perfect by any means and yes, some days I really feel like pulling my undone hair out. Is it too early to have a glass of wine?!

No comments: