Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fall Activities!!

We have been soaking up the fall weather lately!! I LOVE that it is starting to look like Christmas and I play Christmas music every chance I get. I have watched Elf twice in two days, taken about 100 boxes of Christmas decorations out of storage, splurged on some tasty desserts and spent some quality time with Brayden doing new things!

It has been a bit wet around here and we had been stuck inside all day with the rainy weather. When Brayden woke up from his nap, I decided we needed to get out of the house or we were both going to go crazy. We got dressed and headed out the door to Barnes and Nobel! Brayden had never been there and I just knew he was going to love it. (*The fact that he says book and points to his stack of books every time he is in his room sort of gave me the feeling that he would love a whole room of books!) We made a beeline for the kids sections, before I got to looking around and decided I NEEDED something, and Brayden was in love. I'm talking huge-smile-on-his-face-for-an-hour in love! He immediately pointed at all the kid-friendly books on the lower shelf and repeatedly said "book" for about 10 minutes. 



















We looked at all the books, took some off the shelf, played the book with a piano, and then headed to the little table with blocks on it. 




Brayden loved that little table too. The kid couldn't get enough of our fun little outing! We played with the blocks, looked at toys, played with toys and then we were on our merry way. Brayden still needed to eat dinner and take a bath so we didn't get to stay for very long but we were there for about 45 minutes. Oh and the best part is that we are now part of the Kid's Club! I hope to take Brayden to a reading soon but I need to find a reading that he would actually be able to sit through. They have "The Polar Express" coming up but I tried that the other day and we didn't even make it through a page. Maybe next year. Until then, we will be visiting Barnes and Nobel WAY more often!!

No comments: