Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Goals!

So lately we haven't been doing much outside of the house. Sometimes it's hard to get going when Brayden takes two naps. I think that will change soon but as for right now, Brayden naps about 2 hours after being awake and then again at around 3 or 4. This only gives us a few hours at a time and if that time stretch includes a meal...that brings us down to only about 2 hours at most to go somewhere. I know that he is flexible and doesn't NEED to go down for his nap at the same time but he enjoys his naps and I hate when we have a day that is all thrown off! Needless to say, I need to make it a point to get out of the house! I have been doing a little research on Mommy & Me classes and they seem like a great option. I was also looking into Stroller Strides but our budget just won't allow me to spend money on both activities. As of right now, I am leaning toward Kidnastics where Brayden would learn balance while getting to explore music and movement. It is a reasonable price and it is something that I think Brayden will really enjoy.
Today in our mission to get outside, we visited the El Dorado Nature Center. We have been here several times and we love it! Brayden gets to hang out in his stroller while I do all the work but I need it!! We see things like turtles, rabbits, squirrels, lizards, ducks and trees!









Brayden loved looking at all the animals and I got in a good 3 mile walk! I want to do things like this way more with Brayden! My official goal is to go somewhere with Brayden at least 3 times a week. Even if we just hit up the local park for an hour or take a walk around the neighborhood...anything!! If you have suggestions on places to go or things to do PLEASE leave them in a comment below!

No comments: