Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Moving...UGH!!

I mentioned a few posts ago about my new job and how we would be moving to a bigger apartment...well that move happened this past weekend! Lets just say, I don't want to move again for a long time!! The move wouldn't have been so bad except we didn't really get much notice of when we would be moving so I didn't have a lot of time to prepare, pack and organize! Thankfully my mom was able to help me get almost everything packed and then we had a handful of strong men to help us with the heavy lifting on Saturday. Since then, we have gotten everything moved to the new place except one HUGE item...the hutch! We have this awesome hutch in our old apartment dining room and we didn't move it on Saturday because it needs to go to the storage unit we have as it won't fit in our new apartment..boo! Well anyways, that big beluga will be moved today and then we will officially be moved!
It has been a LONG 4 days of packing, moving and unpacking and I really just can't wait to be unpacked and actually LIVE in our new apartment. On the upside, I have been really trying to organize as I unpack because 1) I love to organize anything and 2) our other apartment was so unorganized and I couldn't stand it! I have been getting rid of everything we don't use or need and giving a bunch of stuff to Goodwill!  So far I have the kitchen totally unpacked and organized and the bathrooms are insanely organized (I am even going to make labels for the baskets!).
So there you have it...my big, long excuse as to why I haven't been posting in the last week! I will be back to posting regularly this week and I will post all of my moving advice that I wish I had before I moved as well as how I am getting organized!
This was the start to the packing! Did I mention that I hate moving?!!?
In our new place...the boxes are slowing disappearing from my pile!

I get my OWN bathroom!!! And so I bought a floral shower curtain! 

Our pretty, new kitchen! Don't mind the mess!
Don't forget to vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs!! You can click HERE!

No comments: