Thursday, July 19, 2012

1 Year Stats!!

So I mentioned that Brayden was going to his wellness check in his 1 year post and I want to brag about my boy!!! He is perfectly healthy and on track with his developments! I love to hear those words from a doctor! He weighed in at 21 lbs. 9 oz (just 1 lb. 8 oz. more than his 9 month wellness check) but he grew 1.5 inches in height/length! He is now 30.5 inches long! The doctor said that he is getting the toddler body that is long and lean! Whew...we were a little worried when we saw that he had only gained about 2 lbs. So this puts Brayden in the 25th percentile for weight (skinny mini!) and the 75th percentile for length! Long and lean is right!!!

We are so happy to have a healthy little boy that is growing on track! We are still waiting on his first "real" word but for now we are enjoying all the sounds he makes! He loves to mimic us and will say "mamama" or "nanana" or "dadada" so he is getting very close! He is able to point at things he wants and can communicate when he likes or doesn't like something. I LOVE that he is able to communicate better now. It was so hard knowing that he wasn't happy at times and I just had to figure it out...I am glad that stage has passed! We are reading to him and saying the word for every object we come across and hoping that he starts talking soon.

If this isn't the photo of a happy and healthy boy, I don't know what is!!

Don't forget to vote for my blog!! Click here!

No comments: