Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Resolutions for 2015

With the new year just a day away, I thought I would share some of my resolutions for 2015. I am really going to focus on a few areas of my life that I want to improve so here we go!

-Reduce debt and save money: this is probably the most important one for me. We don't have much debt so it shouldn't take too long to get rid of it but I hate having that looming over us. Especially since we are going to be buying a house, I want our smaller debt gone. Along with that, we have spent so much money getting our family out to Alabama that we need to build back our savings account. I love to have a cushion of money for emergencies like medical issues, car problems, house repairs, etc. I like to have a good amount of money aside for those things so we don't get ourselves in a bind if something happens.

This is the 52 Week challenge but I am doing it backwards so I only have to save $10 in the month of December so we won't have to worry about saving a ton of money and buying Christmas presents in the same month!

-Weight loss/healthy lifestyle: I am really striving to get back to eating healthy and feeling better. Since moving out here, we have been indulging in stuff we hardly ever ate in California. I have been feeling heavy and sluggish and I want to get back to feeling energized. I am hoping to start the year with a detox boot camp (don't worry, I still eat real food!) and I know that once we are in our own house, we will be eating much healthier because I don't buy the crap. I will also have a better opportunity to work out since our neighborhood will be nice and I can go on walks with the kids. Until we get the house though, I need to start things off with workouts I can do in the house while the kids are napping.

Arbonne Detox

-Activities with the kids: I mentioned in the last post about my preschool plans with Brayden and that will definitely contribute to this resolution. I want to focus the kids more on learning activities and make sure we are turning the TV off and staying away from the screen. I haven't been very good at monitoring their screen time and I know Brayden watches too much TV and doesn't play enough. That is going to change for sure! Again, once we are in our own house and the kids have all their toys back and things are organized, it will be easier to manage activities. I will also have our art supplies back (right now they are in storage) so we will be able to paint and color again.

Magnet fun! Can't wait to have these back.

-Expand my Essential Oils business: I have been using and selling essential oils for about 6 months and I am seriously obsessed with them! They have helped my family so much and I am so passionate about them. I want to work on selling more so I can help bring in some money. Since I don't have a teaching job and I stay home with the kids, this would be a nice way to bring in a little money to help out. Look out for a post coming up about essential oils and how they have helped us so much!

This is the Family Physician Kit which is what I started with. Changed a whole lot about my life!

So those are my resolutions for 2015 and I really want to make sure I stick to them. They are not really HUGE changes in life so I think it will be easier for me to make sure they get accomplished. I have already created a plan to save money (the 52 week money saving challenge) so I just need to make the necessary cutbacks in our current budget to insure we save the money each week. At the end of the year we will have saved over $1,000 so that will be a nice little amount to add to the savings account. I also have my detox boot camp package coming from a friend that sells the products so I am ready to start the year off right!

What are your resolutions and what are you doing to make sure you succeed?

No comments: