Friday, February 14, 2014

My Favorite Little Boy!

Brayden is now 2 years 7 months and going on 13! He talks more than any kid I know and uses words like "actually" and "interesting." I mean seriously, it's crazy how big his vocabulary is. I love that I can have full conversations with him and I can reason with him when he is upset or having a rough time with something. And even better than that, the kid cracks me up! He is so funny and I don't know where he gets it. I really need to start writing his sayings down because I instantly forget all of them. I do remember this one though: hubby was taking off Brayden's shoes so they could get on the bed and Brayden says "Daddy, can you do me a favor and take off my socks please?" Yep...a whole dang sentence with manners. I love it!

He actually spelled "zoo" on his own the other day. He continues to amaze me!

Brayden's imagination has been soaring lately. He is always playing games and making up new ways to play with the toys he has. Even while we are driving in the car, he will suddenly burst out that there are monkeys up in the trees eating bananas or there is a monster chasing the car and we must go faster. I love that his imagination is so active and that he can entertain himself so much. It has been really helpful when I am feeding Madison because I don't have to worry about entertaining him. He is able to play with his toys while I feed and then we all get down on the floor together to play when I am done.

He put this on and insisted I call him "Mr. Construction Man" 

He is also so amazing with Madison still. He really loves to get right up in her face and make silly noises in hopes that she will smile or make noises back to him. It is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. Every time Madison starts to cry, he immediately stops what he is doing to find her and see why she is crying. He really does care about her immensely. His new obsession is making her laugh and he is very good at it!

She loves him so much!

And he loves her right back! Always giving her kisses!

I talked before about how he doesn't really socialize with other kids very often since he isn't in a daycare or preshcool and none of my friends have kids. Well we have been going to a church group every Thursday for the last 4 months or so and he is doing wonderfully. He goes to a room with other 2 year olds and I go to a separate room where I get to eat breakfast, listen to a speaker and talk with other moms. It has been so great for both of us.

Although the "twos" can be challenging at times, I am really enjoying this age with him. He is such an amazing little boy and I am so blessed that I get to be at home with him all day. There are days where I want to pull out my hair and drink some wine but for the most part, we are in a good place!



How can you not smile at this face!?! I actually got to spend some special one-on-one time with him just the other day on a Mommy & Brayden date! It was so much fun. We headed to Yogurtland first and then to a favorite park of his. I have missed spending that special time with him and I forgot how much fun he can be when he is my sole focus. I need to make it a point to take him on little dates more often so he gets that one-on-one time that he needs...and it reminds me of how amazing he is. Love this little boy of mine!


No comments: