Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Life with Two

When I had only one kid, I thought my life was busy. I thought I never had time to sit down. I thought doing anything outside the house was a huge hassle. I thought people were crazy for being able to work out, put on a face, get dressed in real clothes (not just work out clothes) and leave the house without sweating or at least one kid having a meltdown.


Now I have two kids.


Life with just one was a piece of cake.

Life with two is a little crazy. There is always someone needing something. A drink refill, a snack, a boob, a nap, a toy, etc. I still manage to get dressed (on most days) and put at least a little bit of make-up on. I try to get in some exercise and that usually involves a walk to the park and a run if Madison will stay in the stroller. I clean the house, do laundry, make lunch, prep dinner and generally don't sit down all day.


Maybe I just got used to feeling crazy. Whatever it is, it's working for us.

Don't get me wrong. There are days I want to just throw in the towel, call a babysitter and drink some wine. There are days where I lose my patience with Brayden. There are days I am on the verge of tears because Madison won't nap, Brayden is throwing a fit over something ridiculous, and the house is a wreck. Those days are hard. 

But for the most part, our days are great. We have adjusted to the crazy. 


Now I can't imagine how people with more than two kids do it. What is your secret!?

No comments: