Sunday, February 24, 2013

Toddler Activities: Pudding Paint

Okay so this one is really cool. Again, I found my inspiration on Pinterest while looking for activities for Brayden. When we are at home I feel like we get stuck in a rut of either reading books, watching TV (which is my LEAST favorite activity for Brayden), having dance parties, and playing on the bed. All are fun activities but we need a little variety! I wanted activities that would help him learn things like counting and the colors. Once I found a few activities I thought would work, we went to Target to get supplies. Last week we tried Cloud Dough with HUGE success...you can read about it HERE. Today, we tried Pudding Paint. This is what you need:
-vanilla pudding
-food coloring
-muffin tin (or some container to hold multiple colors of paint)
-paint brush (I realized too late that I didn't have a paint brush so we just painted with fingers)

Once you mix the pudding according to the package, just separate it into the smaller containers to add the food coloring. Once you add the food coloring, mix up each little batch and that's it! We did this activity in the bathtub just to make the clean-up easier.
As you can tell, we used 4 colors.  Red, green, yellow and blue. I figured Brayden would be able to learn the colors without being overwhelmed.

He seriously enjoyed painting on the bathtub walls!

And then when he discovered he could eat it...he was the happiest kid alive!! He continued to paint with the pudding and taking little tastes every now and then.

My ONLY fear about this activity is that he will want to eat other paint...like the kind you aren't supposed to. We will cross that bridge when we get there but for now, this is definitely an activity that we will be doing again.

No comments: