Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Madison: 2 Months!

Little Miss Madison is growing like a weed! We went to the doctor today for her 2 month wellness check and it went great. She weighs 11 pounds 3 ounces and is 22.5 inches long (between 50th-75th percentile for both). Right on track!

Madison is starting to show so much more personality now. I LOVE it! She smiles all the time and has started making cooing sounds. So dang cute! 

She is still pretty difficult but I have high hopes that it will get better. She still doesn't like the bouncer or the swing or the car seat. She will usually play on her mat for a few minutes but that's about it. Madison just cries in the car seat...unless she is sleeping. Just today Brayden told Madison to stop crying! Haha I guess he finally got sick of it. 

Sleeping...the only time she is quiet in her car seat.

We are exclusively breast feeding and she is doing great. She eats about every 2-3 hours and we haven't tried a bottle yet. I have a feeling she won't take a bottle considering she HATES pacifiers (literally gags and pushes them out with her tongue) but I think we will be trying a bottle soon. I would like to have the option of being away from her for more than 2 hours.

Everything else is going pretty good around here. She sleeps for a good 7 hour stretch at night before waking up to eat. Then she goes right back down after eating for at least 2-3 more hours. It is amazing!! Now only if Brayden would stop waking up at 6:30, I might get to sleep in one day. Madison actually loves her baths...just smiles and coos the whole time. The lotion is a whole other thing...she cries until I have her dressed and warm. Poor thing! 

We can't wait for even more of her personality to start showing! I love when they start having an interest in toys and books...so much fun. I think Brayden will have even more fun with her then too. Although he is pretty obsessed with her now and thinks she is HILARIOUS, I can't wait to see them start to actually play together. So many great things to come!

She loves being held obviously!


No comments: