Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hello again...finally!! Let me just start with letting you know how crazy my life has been the past month or so. I have been student teaching full-time which means I am teaching 5-year olds all day every day. On top of that, I just completed 2 very gigantic assignments (28 pages long prior to me answering any of the questions!!) and I am trying my hardest to keep a clean house. So to say the least, I have been a pretty busy lady and updating this blog is something I just haven't had time for. However, I am done student teaching in 2 weeks and hopefully I will be able to update more often.

Now onto the good stuff, Brayden has experienced his first Thanksgiving and Black Friday!! Thanksgiving was so awesome this year not only because we got together as a family but because we got to celebrate TWICE!! Yep, we got to eat amazing Thanksgiving food two times...and then we got to eat all the leftovers too! Also, I actually felt like a grown-up this year. I brought two desserts and one side dish and let me tell you, everyone should just start calling me Betty! I made a pecan pie and bought a pumpkin and I also made corn bread pudding! Both of my homemade dishes were a hit with the family on our first Thanksgiving and I was even requested to bring the pecan pie again for our second Thanksgiving. I am thinking I just started a new family Thanksgiving tradition :) Brayden did a great job entertaining all of us for Thanksgiving and he was kind enough to sleep through our meal both times so the whole family could eat together. How do I have the most amazing baby?! He was very happy that there were so many people there for him to entertain and boy did he do his job! This little boy of mine can be quite funny! He was talking and smiling and of course showing off his rolling skills. He has become quite the little ham!
As for our Black Friday experience, we took Brayden to Bass Pro Shop to take a picture with Santa( and so his dad and grandpa could do a little shopping) and he did a great job! We only had to stand in line for about 15 minutes and we even got to ride the merry-go-round! Once it was our turn, we all went into Santa's Workshop and there we saw the best Santa ever!! We plopped Brayden down and took a few pictures and then Chance and I stepped in to take one as a family. Brayden didn't cry at all but he almost had a meltdown when Chance and I were not in sight. As soon as we stepped in to take the picture, Brayden grabbed Santa's beard and made a cry face but then he stopped, we got a couple of pictures, and it was all over. We got some really cute pictures of Brayden in his denim overalls and camo shirt with his Converse on...yep, that happened! Then it was time for the boys to do some shopping so Grandma and I stayed behind to feed Brayden and pick up the pictures. The store really wasn't too crowded until it was time to get in line to pay....it was a madhouse!! Thankfully, the checkers moved pretty quickly and we were out of there by about 12:30. After our Santa and shopping extravaganza, we were all starved so we went next door and ate some lunch (where Brayden kindly fell asleep so we could eat!). Then we all headed home and Brayden thoroughly enjoyed the bumpy ride!!
So here is my photo throw-up from Thanksgiving and Brayden's first picture with Santa! Enjoy!
Sweet Roll!

End result....amazing!!

Corn bread pudding and pecan pie!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Family photo!

Hanging out with Great-Grandparents and Grandpa!

Very interest in the convo!

Chocolate Martinis with dessert!

GiGi and GiGipa!

Grandma!!

Sporting a camo Santa hat!

Best Santa ever!!

Oh yes, in need of some shades on the way home!

No comments: