Monday, September 14, 2015

Maddie's 2nd Birthday!

Maddie's 2nd birthday totally snuck up on me! I guess that is what happens when there are a ton of summer birthdays. Anyways, it was a spur of the moment decision to have a costume party! I had been thinking, and thinking, but could not come up with a theme I wanted for her party. Then one night, we were watching Despicable Me 2 and the little girl has a costume party. DECIDED! What I didn't think about was how I was going to decorate. Oh well. 

It was pretty low key but it was great! I just did simple balloons and we got a princess bounce house. It ended up being perfect because the kids were able to nap after the party and we still had all evening to relax and clean up. The best part about the whole weekend was that my mom was in town!!! It was so fun to have her here while we celebrated and she was such a big help. The kids absolutely LOVED having her stay at our house and we can't wait for her to come back!

Our birthday shenanigans started early. Her birthday was actually on Friday, the 4th, so we celebrated with our tradition! Birthday donuts first thing in the morning!

She was a happy camper!

Then we surprised her with a bike! She's still trying to get the hang of it.

Then it was party time on Saturday morning!
The kids loved their costumes although Maddie's didn't last long.

Princess castle bounce house!


It was hot and humid. We all wanted to get in there with her!

Princess pinata!

Happy girl loved her cake and cupcake!

It was so hot that we hooked the water hose up to the bounce house. Brayden LOVED it!!

Best part of the whole weekend. My mom was in town!!

Presents!!!


Post-party nap!

Just this past Friday, Madison had her 2-year wellness check. Everything looked great and although my little peanut weighed in at just 23 pounds, the doctor says she is totally healthy. The doc was also really impressed with Madison's speech so that was nice.

Tiny little thing in only the 10th percentile!

It was so fun celebrating Madison's birthday and it was so special that my mom was here! It was supposed to be a surprise, but I totally ruined that. Oh well, it was amazing!

No comments: