Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Spoke Too Soon...



In my last post (Madison's 3 month update) I mentioned how well Madison has been sleeping at night. Well she must have known I said that because she has completely changed. Last night she was up 3 times starting at 12:30! I am not sure what is causing this change in her sleep pattern but I am not too happy about it. I am hoping that she is just going through a growth spurt and her normal sleep hours will return quickly.

It wouldn't be so bad if Brayden didn't wake up at 5:45 in the freaking morning! The boy is killing me! I used to be able to bring him into my bed and he would fall back asleep for a little bit but that doesn't work anymore. He is ready to go play. The good thing is, I get a lot of one-on-one time with him in the morning since Madison is still sleeping. I am thankful that we get that time together although I am usually very sleepy!

And to make my sleepy mornings even worse, I can't have any caffeine! Madison is sensitive to it so I haven't had any in over a month. I used to have at least a cup of coffee each morning to get me going and I have been cut off. It's so hard to wake up without it but I am finding that drinking a hot, caffeine-free tea helps a little. I mostly just like that it is warm which is wonderful on these chilly mornings.

On a side note, we took away Brayden's pacifiers about a month ago. I am not sure if I already mentioned this but he is doing so great!! He still asks for them from time to time but overall, he doesn't seem to miss them very much. I am so thankful that it was a smooth transition and I am crossing my fingers that potty training goes just as well when the time comes.


The funny thing is, even with the lack of sleep, the tantrums thrown, the crying and no caffeine, I wouldn't have my life any other way. Brayden is constantly making me laugh and I am so blessed that I have two beautiful, healthy children. I cannot ask for anything else! I love being able to spend my days with them and see Madison grow and learn and Brayden be so creative with his imagination. It truly is amazing.

No comments: